Friday 17 October 2008

Autumn

It's been a little while since I have posted, somehow life seemed to get in the way, and in the meanwhile autumn has begun. Walking home from work last night I was struck by the cool colours in the sky as the short evening came to an end. Almost clear of clouds, the icy blue sky formed the perfect background for the rich warm variety of colours found in the leaves of the trees on Wandsworth Common. As the sun set the cool blues mixed with a vibrant pink, so different from the rich golden sunsets of summertime.

The crisp air has allowed me the luxury of knitwear, scarves, mittens, and hats, not to mention my long knee socks. My enthusiasm for woolly hats and scarves has developed this year, into an expensive and time consuming knitting habit. I am working on my second scarf, fingerless mittens have been completed, and I am setting my sights on lace. There is great satisfaction to be found in making something, seeing it develop in front of your eyes, and I am very much enjoying it. I look forward to many cozy evenings curled up on the sofa, knitting away and drinking hot chocolate.

No comments: