Friday 11 July 2008

Number One

Well, hello cyberspace! A short introduction feels like a good way to start. I'm a Londoner who loves reading, traveling, theatre, yoga, dance, sunshine and new things.

Well with that out of the way...I am trying something new tonight, I am a little apprehensive, but also very excite. Tonight I am attending my very first Kirtan Chanting session. The idea is to use your voice to access an inner peace, similar to Hatha yoga and meditation. I have listened to the chants before and find them very pacifying, but I'm not sure quite how my voice will adapt to this new form of noise-making. Singing is not my forte! Anyway, it should be a beautiful and peaceful beginning to the weekend, and a reminder that I do have time to stop thinking every now and again. Has anyone else tried this before? Any tips?

Wishing you all a revitalising weekend,

No comments: