Monday 28 July 2008

What a Weekend!

Well, I don't know about you, but I just had the most lovely weekend! It was my birthday on Sunday, which always helps! I managed to cross a few things off my To Do While I am in London List. Including, visiting New Covent Garden flower market, picnicking Brockwell Park, eating as much Ben & Jerry's ice cream as I can (for free!), seeing West Side Story, (seen it before, but was far to young to appreciate it's genius and bravery), discovery the perfect lasagna, and learning how to make necklaces from silk cord.

Needless to say, I was busy, but not the kind of busy that is difficult and draining; the kind of busy that makes you feel like you used your days, the busy that makes you feel ready for bed at bedtime, not the kind that makes you wish there were hours left in the day to fill with more busy-ness, as if always struggling against the spinning of the earth. One type of busy is the natural filling of the day, the other is the cramming and struggling kind; fighting time, your body, and your circumstances.

It's just a thought, but why to we constantly need to be that struggling kind of busy, surely we could get more done, with more grace, if we just use the time we're given, instead of constantly wishing for more time. Acceptance and gratitude are can be very powerful tools.

No comments: