Monday 14 July 2008

Sunny Daze

Had a lovely day yesterday. London was at its best. The sun was shining, there was a gentle breeze to prevent the choking heat of some London July days. Bean and I went for a lovely long walk in Battersea Park, replete with an ice cream, (99 with a flake,--of course), some time on the grass and a visit to the river and the Peace Pagoda, and lots of photography. I have been practising using my super duper camera, (her name is Lucy, she is a Canon 400D). I am trying to move away form the automatic setting, and experiment with aperture and shutter speed, lovely bright sunny days are perfect for this kind of fun, and I will post the results soon!

The daze refers to the slight slowing in the walk, and the lingering in the dappled shade of big beautiful trees that the day demanded. The smoked salmon breakfast omelette cooked for me added to the luxury of the day, as did cups of cooling mint tea and a good book (India: A Million Mutinies Now, V.S. Naipaul). All in all, it was the perfect way to dwindle and dawdle through a Sunday

No comments: